Monday, November 23, 2009

Salad Garden Update Everything is almost ready!

Hello Bloggers,

I am back with a garden update. I have had some interesting battles over the last month and a half with whiteflies and to no avail with the treatments I have tried. I lost most of my big boy hybrid tomatoes and have had all the peppers stunted also. The pepper sprays and cleaning leaves daily is not effective enough. I am about to harvest my lettuce for the salad and could do it now but waiting on the second round of tomatoes from early girls to finish up and maybe a few okra will be ready as well. My cilatro has been growing like a weed, but choreander not so much. The carrots have finally taken off but are very small and from seed is a longer process to harvest so probably will not have carrots for a months or so. The hawaiian gourd plant is getting big and doing well. Sweet potatoe is going crazy its taking over but is going to be a great harvest for this plant. Parsley is starting to wilt but still big and watermelleons are just starting to fruit. the garden oberall was successful so far and I only lost cucumber,big boy tomatoes, and most of the carrots. I have gotten more seeds so wil be adding to the garden soon several sqaush types, eggplant, peppers and cantelope. Thanks for reading Jon M Ellison